Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bible Fun and Freebies


Here are some great recourse's I have found in my search for a fun inexpensive way to turn on my kids Jesus light.
  We use to watch a veggie tales with lunch everyday and on those days I noticed such a difference in my kids. Veggie tales is catchy cute and fun for younger ages and my kids did make the connections between these and stories we had read from their children's bible.

I had looked at other videos. Nest entertainment makes a great set, but way out of our budget. I finally found What's in the Bible. SURPRISE made by the same people that makes veggie tales. This must be great. At first while the kids loved it, I thought it was very cheesy and not sure how much this was teaching. I decided to do a download of the first episode (the cheapest way to TRY) again I thought what is this! The kids were actually learning real bible history and enjoying it. It did not go deeply into each book as I had hoped. Once I put aside my expectations I realized it was so much more,..and this only inspired my little guys to open back up there favorite bible and re read. My son was reading genesis to his brothers last night. I just love these moment's. What was even better?


    FREE stuff!!!! I received an email after download that was good for a FREE month of Jelly Telly TV.  I am so glad I decided to take a look. I found more FREE episodes (13 in all) of What's in the bible. They have a lot of  creation science stuff on here to.  A FREE weekly letter with downloads called the bloom that studies a new verse each week and ...yes more lots of downloadable/printable goodies to go with the What's in the bible series. I knew I had to share! The folks at Jelly TV have given me a code so you can get a FREE month also. JELLYTELLY1 is the code to get your free month. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Here are some samplings from our shelfs we plan to use over the summer. I will come back and update from time to time.
 
A nice blog to get even more FREE bible themed pintable's. This gal has put in a lot of work and is very generous to share.  http://thecraftyclassroom.com/CraftHistoryOverview.html