Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Time 4 Learning


I am at it again. Now that my bookshelf's are full I am trying to balance with a little student lead electronic education.  The tablets, apps, games and computer clubs. My kids much like any other enjoys technology.
  I have looked into and used a few over the past year.

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. My opinion will be entirely my own, so be sure to come back and read about my experience. Time4Learning can be used as a homeschool curriculum, for afterschool enrichment and for summer skill sharpening. Find out how to write your own curriculum review for Time4Learning.

Our Month is almost up!!
I have used this site for almost 30 days. My two monkeys are almost 6 and 9. Busy bodies who need something to do ALL the time. This had been a great addition to our day.
  The cute characters, animation and audio keep the kids attention. They look forward to earning playground time after lessons. Playground is an incentive built in that allows games and songs to be played and you can set timer.
    As a parent perk, this is kid driven! Less time for me spent hovering and helping. I do enjoy reading with the kids and doing science and history. We do math where my oldest struggles together. Lets face it we can not teach hands on all day. Someone has to do dishes, laundry, chase babies, cook, and ....write this blog. I am able to check in on kids progress from the parent dashboard, see what lessons have been completed and how they scored when scores are given. I also like the flexibility in grade level per subject. My kids are all over the place in skill level and having access to three levels at one time per subject is great. This is by far the most flexible and easily customizable program I have seen yet.
 
  The only suggestions for improvement I had was being able to bookmark lessons,..if you stop mid lesson and have a prolonged break it will log you out and you will have to start over. Bookmarking for parent review and being able to visit areas children struggle in lesson as well. You are able to see specifics on quizzes just not in lesson points.

 Overall it has helped me fill the gaps, reinforce skills, and keep a finger on my children's skill levels across the board.
 I have used reading eggs, ABC mouse, K12 and sampled switched on schoolhouse. (to name a few)
 For such engaging material in a range of subjects with the ability to plan and track. The price can not be beat.
                        You can try 14 days for FREE

Click Here For Trial

No comments:

Post a Comment